Happy Thursday, friends!
Rebecca Bryan’s most recent finish is a fun new book for Stash Books called Modern Triangle Quilts. I am so blessed to know and call this talented woman a dear friend of mine and am so excited to add this book to my collection right next to her last book Modern Rainbows. You really need to check that one out, too, if you haven’t yet! It’s serious eye candy!
Becca’s ability to take two of my favorite things – geometry (a.k.a. math) and solid colors – and create eye-catching pieces is so awesome. In this book, you’ll see a variety of equilateral, isosceles, and right angle triangles as well as a handful of fun pattern ideas. Or be adventurous…mix them all up into a triangle mosh pit of angular fun to create your own unique layout.
CHARITY QUILT & RAFFLE:
To promote her new book, Becca asked a few of her friends to create a block for a charity quilt she has planned. She curated a color palette based on the extensive color library of Kona solids by Robert Kaufman. Isn’t this palette so calming and serene?!
With this palette and the triangle theme, I knew at once which fabrics to dig out of my stash. I’m always, always a sucker for metallics and glitter, and it’s no secret I adore the lovely pima cotton that Art Gallery Fabrics has. Prisma Elements was my obvious fabric choice! I used 50wt. Aurifil to piece my strips together for tight and flat seams. (Tight and flat…makes me recall my rear end in the ’90s!)
Once she received all our “blocks,” she combined them into yet another quilt pattern, which she named Well Wishes. And get this…you could win this quilt!
Becca is running a raffle by selling a limited time pattern for this very quilt through her shop. The pattern is only $5 and you can purchase the pattern as many times as you like – each purchase counts as an entry!
Stash books is also giving away one copy of Modern Triangle Quilts to one of you! (A hard copy to a U.S. resident or an e-book copy to an international winner.) Entries will be accepted until April 18th, and I’ll announce winners by the 21st.
TO ENTER TO WIN: JUST LEAVE ME A COMMENT TELLING ME WHAT COLOR COMBO YOU WOULD CHOOSE IN ANY SOLIDS TO CREATE YOUR MODERN TRIANGLE MASTERPIECE!
Also be sure to visit all of the other awesome stops on the blog – rumor has it you can enter to win a book over on their blogs as well! How’s that for upping your chances?!
- Sunday, April 2nd: Bryan House Quilts
- Monday April 3rd: Jessee Maloney – www.artschooldropout.net
- Monday April 3rd: Stash Books – www.ctpub.com/blog/
- Tuesday April 4th: Heidi Staples – www.fabricmutt.blogspot.com/
- Wednesday April 5th: Felice Regina – www.
- Thursday April 6th: Giuseppe Ribaudo – @giucy_giuce
- Friday April 7th: Christa Watson – www.christaquilts.com/
- Saturday April 8th: Christopher Thompson – thetattooedquilter.
- Monday April 10th: Karin Jordan – www.leighlaurelstudios.com/
- Tuesday April 11th: Kitty Wilkin – nightquilter.com/
- Wednesday April 12th: Nicole Daksiewicz – modernhandcraft.com
- Thursday April 13th: Sarah Thomas – That’s me!
- Friday April 14th: Amy Sinibaldi – www.nanaCompany.typepad.com/
- Saturday April 15th: Rebecca Bryan – www.bryanhousequilts.com
Thanks for stopping by, y’all! Wishing you luck on the giveaway, and please donate to the raffle to support Living Water International!